OSC Guardian - Safety Advice

OSC GUARDIAN - SAFETY ADVICE
www.OramSecurity.com

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Things That Make You Think.............


A few days ago, my family and I were driving down a major interstate in NY. As we drove around a corner we saw multiple emergency vehicles on the side of the road near a van that had turned over and was resting on its roof.

My First thought was to hope that everyone was ok. My next thought went to what would I do if we came across the accident before Emergency Services had arrived. Like most of us, calling 911 would be first on the list…. But then what? Again, like many of you, I have a first aid kit in my car, but this kit was mainly designed to take care of my kids. Minor cuts and bruises, fevers and aches and pains. Not a true emergency first aid kit by any means.

Ok, so now I want to upgrade my kit for my car. Not just so I can take care of small family issues, but also in case I come across other emergencies. After watching a car insurance commercial… or maybe it was for On Star, but they showed a car accident where the drivers cell phone few into the back during the crash. If I was in a crash, would I be able to reach the aid kit? Even if I could get out of my car, would I be able to find it? So, how can I overcome this? In my mind I think I can use the male fix-all. Duct tape. A Level 1 or 2 Resq-Pak (or any type of compact emergency/trauma kit will work) will now be duct taped under the driver seat within reach.  Even if I am trapped in my car, I should be able to reach my kit to be able to take care of myself. 

Stay safe
Oram Security
http://www.oramsecurity.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment